CSAIST has established a Career Development and Placement Division with a view of providing career opportunities to the students. In today’s competitive world right jobs and placements for the student’s future is of great importance. The purpose of CDPD is to develop knowledge based partnerships and interaction with various institutions, corporates & IT firms and to proactively work to facilitate internships and placements for CSAIST students. CDPD is in constant touch with the industry and is working towards making campus interviews a regular feature in the institute.
Objectives of this division are as follows:
- To assist students to develop their academic and career interests, and their short and long-term goals through individual counseling and group discussion.
- To assist students to development and implement successful job search strategies.
- To work with faculty members, department heads and administration to integrate career planning with academic curriculum.
- To empower students with life long career decision making skills.
- To provide resources and activities to facilitate the career planning process.
- To act as an interface among students, alumni, and the employment community.
- To create awareness in the students regarding future career options.
- Assisting different companies in recruiting candidates as per their requirements.
- Co-ordinating summer training/internship programme.
- Bridging gap between Industry and Academia.
The placement process includes intensive pre-placement activities comprising of:
- Career Counselling Sessions – to inform and educate students about the various job opportunities available in the corporate world.
- Group Discussions – to provide training and practice to the students about in-group behaviour and leadership skills.
- Presentation Skills and Workshops – to enhance communication techniques.
- Technical Tests – to revive knowledge and basic understanding of the subjects.
- Mock Interviews – to enable the students to face real time work scenarios through regular mock interview sessions.
As a student from CSAIST you will be well equipped for careers in the global market, particularly in multinational companies. CSAIST students have been trained and placed in leading companies and institutions.