M.Sc. in Information Technology (M.Sc. – IT)
In this new millennium, Information Technology is the foundation stone for many applications in industry, government and other institutions. To stay ahead professionally, Computer Engineering and Computer Science graduates and professionals working in computer-related fields need to engage in continuous learning and in continuous upgrading of their Information Technology skills. The Master of Science in Information Technology, MSc (IT), is a postgraduate program that has been developed to assist and encourage Bachelor’s graduates to build on their undergraduate knowledge in Information Technology.
The Master of Science in Information Technology (M.Sc. – IT) is an intensive, practically oriented postgraduate program which will equip you with advanced IT skills. This program is specifically designed to provide an opportunity to demonstrate how the application of computer related technology is an integral part of an efficient business environment. It also provides an emphasis on the understanding of how an effective computer system is a key factor in enabling a business to gain a competitive and strategic edge. Students learn overall consideration of how IT can be managed in the organisation and an understanding of how strategic IT frameworks can be established to enhance the capability of the organisation.
At CSAIST, we strive to educate our students to be responsible citizens, critical thinkers, effective communicators, and to value life-long learning. Employers value our students for their technical ability, broad education and excellent communication skills.
The objective of the course is to mould students to acquire analytical, creative and problem solving skills to meet the industry standards and be well prepared for research activities.
Masters of Science in Computer Science (M.Sc. – IT) is spread over 4 semesters with 5 subjects being taught till third semester and project work in fourth semester, which is a total of 15 subjects.
Students have to undergo project work in the final semester. Each semester has lab course where the students have to do compulsory lab assignments for a minimum of 6 hours per week.
To address today’s generation needs which expects 24×7 online learning content as a supplement to the classroom learning, several modes of delivery are available, in addition to project based learning, implementation of technology, projects executed in the industry, participation in national & international competitions, group work etc. This innovation in Pedagogy ensures that students have several learning opportunities matching to their aspirations.
The institute encourages students to learn through experiential mode along with class room delivery. We also facilitate learning beyond classroom through the online content available on the net. Through this innovative teaching and learning process, students have ample opportunity to learn through different modes.
The intake in M.Sc. – IT program is 40 seats.
The course duration of M.Sc. – IT program is 2 years.
- Candidates seeking admission in M.Sc. – IT program must have secured minimum 50% aggregate marks in B.Sc. in Information Science / Information Technology / Computer Science / Mathematics / Statistics / BCA from any recognized University / Institution or any other qualification recognized as equivalent with mathematics as one of the subject at 10+2 level or at Graduate level.
- A candidate who has appeared in graduation or other equivalent examination during current year but whose result is yet to be declared can also apply for admission on provisional basis. But such a candidate must produce the certificate of passing the examination before the last date fixed for this purpose, failing which, his/her admission may be cancelled.
Information Technology is a vastly growing discipline that deals with a comprehensive study of designing, developing, supporting and managing computer hardware, software and information networks. Our advanced master’s program with major in IT prepares students to manage significant real-time software development projects, emphasizing on both technical and domain knowledge.
M.Sc. – IT currently is very important for various fields. The demand of the degree is increasing day by day in the current scenario. With plenty of scope, it is a boon for those who want to get a PG Degree after graduation. This is a 2 year quality course offered at affordable cost and produces intellectual Information Technologists.
After the completion of the degree, there are many opportunities for M.Sc. Information Technology students at National/ International/ Public/ Private Companies and Government sectors. Students can become a Software Engineer, Software Developer, Project Head, System Programr, Network Experts, Web developers, Computer Researchers and Developers, System Designer, System Analyst, etc. Students can also apply for Doctoral studies (Ph.D.) in IT after completion of this Masters degree.
Highlights of Program
- Being one of the top colleges for science & technological education, CSAIST always focuses on the all-round development of the students.
- The institute has empanelled leading corporate houses and IT & Software companies as industry partners that are equipped to make a positive contribution to the growth of students’ career, in terms of profession or further study.
- The dedicated, qualified faculty to ensure high standard of Teaching, Learning and Evaluation processes.
- Equips students with skills that are in high demand from industry.
- Language learning skill provided to vernacular students.
- Faculties mentoring to weaker students through special remedial lectures/tutorials.
- The industry visits and industry based project work as part of the curriculum to get recognition and reward to the students in the form of job offer or support for further studies and research.
The course fee of M.Sc. – IT program is ₹ 35000/- annually.
Admissions to all seats are made directly by the college on the basis of merit of graduation. Registration can be done on our website or by a visit in our campus after graduation. For any information please feel free to contact the below mentioned help line numbers :
|Landline Numbers||Mobile Numbers||Toll Free Number|