M.Sc. in Computer Science (M.Sc. – CS)
The Master of Science in Computer Science is a professional degree which prepares students for emerging careers that meet the rapidly growing Technology needs of an increasingly interconnected world. As businesses and society grapple with the challenges and opportunities of the digital age, information professionals play a crucial role in analyzing, systematizing, and evaluating the massive resources generated by the digital revolution.
The M.Sc. program in Computer Science is designed to provide students an overview of computing, an understanding of the concepts, principles and skills in their application and extension, and a practical experience in applied computing. The program emphasizes the fundamental principles underlying computing and helps develop an understanding of the computer science considerations involved in computing system design, implementation and usage. The program builds a strong foundation in the mathematics of computing – logic, sets, relations and grammar.
Students will develop knowledge and understanding of a formal disciplined approach to computer science, a range of relevant concepts, tools and techniques, the principles underpinning these techniques and the ability to apply them in novel situations. On subsequent employment, students will be able to select techniques most appropriate to your working environment, adapt and improve them as necessary, establish appropriate design standards for hardware and software, train colleagues and subordinates in the observance of sound practices, and keep abreast of research and development.
The objective of the course is to mould students to acquire analytical, creative and problem solving skills to meet the industry standards and be well prepared for research activities.
Masters of Science in Computer Science (M.Sc. – CS) is spread over 4 semesters with 5 subjects being taught till third semester and project work in fourth semester, which is a total of 15 subjects.
Students have to undergo project work in the final semester. Each semester has lab course where the students have to do compulsory lab assignments for a minimum of 6 hours per week.
To address today’s generation needs which expects 24×7 online learning content as a supplement to the classroom learning, several modes of delivery are available, in addition to project based learning, implementation of technology, projects executed in the industry, participation in national & international competitions, group work etc. This innovation in Pedagogy ensures that students have several learning opportunities matching to their aspirations.
The institute encourages students to learn through experiential mode along with class room delivery. We also facilitate learning beyond classroom through the online content available on the net. Through this innovative teaching and learning process, students have ample opportunity to learn through different modes.
The intake in M.Sc. – CS program is 40 seats.
The course duration of M.Sc. – CS program is 2 years.
- Candidates seeking admission in M.Sc. – CS program must have secured minimum 50% aggregate marks in B.Sc. in Computer Science / Information Science / Information Technology / Mathematics / Statistics / BCA from any recognized University / Institution or any other qualification recognized as equivalent with mathematics as one of the subject at 10+2 level or at Graduate level.
- A candidate who has appeared in graduation or other equivalent examination during current year but whose result is yet to be declared can also apply for admission on provisional basis. But such a candidate must produce the certificate of passing the examination before the last date fixed for this purpose, failing which, his/her admission may be cancelled.
A master’s degree in computer science could pave the way toward several technical careers in the area of network and computer systems administrators, computer programrs, software developers and computer information systems managers.
After completing M.Sc. in Computer Science, the candidates will be ready to be placed as Research Scientists or as Software Professionals in IT Industries, Financial Institutions, Banking and Insurance Companies, R&D Organizations, and Government Departments across the globe. They have prospects to serve as Computer Software Developers, Network and Computer Systems Administrators, Research Officer, IT Manager, Database Administrator, Games Developer, Information Systems Manager, IT Consultant, Multimedia Programr, Network Engineer, Systems Analyst, Systems Developer, Information Systems Officer, IT Trainer, Technical Author and so on in various sectors. Students can also apply for Doctoral studies (Ph.D.) in CS after completion of this Masters degree.
Highlights of Program
- The modern facilities to provide ambience and support for curricula and extra curricula activities for the overall development of students.
- The dedicated, qualified faculty to ensure high standard of Teaching, Learning and Evaluation processes.
- The periodic review and revision of curricula based on feedback from the industry with quick response to ensure the relevance of the programs to the changing needs of industry.
- Language learning skill provided to vernacular students.
- Faculties mentoring to weaker students through special remedial lectures/tutorials.
- The industry visits and industry based project work as part of the curriculum to get recognition and reward to the students in the form of job offer or support for further studies and research.
The course fee of M.Sc. – CS program is ₹ 35000/- annually.
Admissions to all seats are made directly by the college on the basis of merit of graduation. Registration can be done on our website or by a visit in our campus after graduation. For any information please feel free to contact the below mentioned help line numbers :
|Landline Numbers||Mobile Numbers||Toll Free Number|