Bachelor in Computer Applications (B.C.A.)
A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Application (BCA) has become a vital part of all industries. With the increasing use of information technology and communication systems, this domain is poised for rapid growth. If you have the skills to use the principles of computer application to solve problems related to the interface of technology and business, you can expect a lucrative career in this field.
This BCA degree program has been designed encompassing the specific knowledge of computer science subjects. The study of this program majorly includes computer programming, application design, and user-focused features. CSAIST is reckoned as one of the best technical education colleges for imparting the thorough training on analysis, design, verification, validation, construction and maintenance of software systems under this program.
The primary objective of this program is to provide a foundation of computing principles and business practices for effectively using/managing information systems and enterprise software. It helps students analyse the requirements for system development and exposes students to business software and information systems.
Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA) is spread over 6 semesters with 5 subjects being taught till fourth semester and 4 subjects in fifth & sixth semester, which is a total of 28 subjects.
There are two projects one minor followed by major in the final semester. Each semester has lab course where the students have to do compulsory lab assignments for a minimum of 6 hours per week.
The BCA program emphasizes on computer application oriented courses like C++, Java, Web Application Development, etc.
Program equips the students with sound academic base from which an advanced career in computer applications including the latest developments keeping pace with the industry can be developed. The program also carries out the required analysis and synthesis involved in computer systems, information systems and computer applications.
With the phenomenal growth in the use of information technology and communication systems in all industries, multinationals and the commercial enterprise today is looking at people who have the skills to use the principles of computer application to solve problems related to the interface of technology and business and who can take up responsibility at entry levels, who are flexible and adaptive to their business environment as well as sensitive enough to respond to the challenges being offered in an increasingly competitive global environment with multifaceted skill sets backed up by a rigorously honed knowledge base. The BCA program has been tailor made to fill in this need.
To address today’s generation needs which expects 24×7 online learning content as a supplement to the classroom learning, several modes of delivery are available, in addition to project based learning, implementation of technology, projects executed in the industry, participation in national & international competitions, group work etc. This innovation in Pedagogy ensures that students have several learning opportunities matching to their aspirations.
The institute encourages students to learn through experiential mode along with class room delivery. We also facilitate learning beyond classroom through the online content available on the net. Through this innovative teaching and learning process, students have ample opportunity to learn through different modes.
The intake in BCA program is 60 seats.
The course duration of BCA program is 3 years.
- Candidates seeking admission in BCA program must have secured minimum 50% aggregate marks at 10+2 or equivalent examination in any discipline with Mathematics as one of the subject from a recognized Education Board.
- A candidate who has appeared in 10 + 2 or other equivalent examination during current year as a regular or private candidate but whose result is yet to be declared can also apply for admission on provisional basis. But such a candidate must produce the certificate of passing the examination before the last date fixed for this purpose, failing which, his/her admission may be cancelled.
Computing is still, and will continue to be, a very hot field. Professionally, people with undergraduate degrees in Computer Applications can expect entry-level positions well above the average salary level.
A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Applications (BCA) has gained importance for entry level executive positions in industries across sectors. The placements offered by the Industrial units belonging to all the sectors of economy to the students of BCA program of the Institute is a testimony for the same. A large number of industrial units have shown their preference for undergraduate students.
For a BCA graduate there is a plethora of opportunities in application development, software testing and maintenance. Both public and private sector jobs are available for those with a BCA, including jobs as system analysts and database administrators in IT enabled service sector. Several opportunities are available to the students to pursue entrepreneurial traits leading to initiation of start-ups. Students aiming at senior level positions also have the options to pursue MCA, M.Sc.-CS, M.Sc.-IT & MBA.
Highlights of Program
- The modern facilities to provide ambience and support for curricula and extra curricula activities for the overall development of students.
- The dedicated, qualified faculty to ensure high standard of Teaching, Learning and Evaluation processes.
- The periodic review and revision of curricula based on feedback from the industry with quick response to ensure the relevance of the programs to the changing needs of industry.
- Semester system with proper planning to utilize the resources effectively and efficiently.
- The industry visits and industry based project work as part of the curriculum to get recognition and reward to the students in the form of job offer or support for further studies and research.
The course fee of BCA program is ₹ 40000/- annually.
Admissions to all seats are made directly by the college on the basis of merit of 10+2. Registration can be done on our website or by a visit in our campus after 10+2. For any information please feel free to contact the below mentioned help line numbers:
|Landline Numbers||Mobile Numbers||Toll Free Number|