B.Sc. (Hons.) in Information Technology (B.Sc. – IT)
Through the development of new applications in engineering, Information Technology is radically changing the way in which we experience our world. This program equips students with the skills needed to contribute to these exciting and rapidly evolving technologies.
You will gain not only knowledge and practical experience of the latest technologies, but also grounding in the underlying principles of the subject. It is this combination of skills that enable our students to keep pace with this fast moving subject, and secure rewarding careers that can be pursued almost anywhere in the world.
The program curriculum covers the subjects to develop the Programming, Technical writing, Networking, Electronics, Web Technologies and communication skills of the students. Further, to nurture the creative skills of the students and enable them to analyze, update and solve the problems using innovative and sustainable methods. This program is designed in such a way that the student develops a realistic understanding of technologies and acquires proficiency for successful career.
The major objectives of the program are to produce employable IT workforce, that will have sound knowledge of IT and business fundamentals that can be applied to develop and customize solutions for Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) and to develop skilled manpower in the various areas of information technology like: Data base management, Software Development, Computer-Languages, Software engineering, Information System Management, Web Design & Development and network administration etc.
Bachelor in Science with Honours in Information Technology (B.Sc. – IT) is spread over 6 semesters with 5 subjects being taught till fifth semester and project work in sixth semester, which is a total of 25 subjects.
Students have to undergo project work in the final semester. Each semester has lab course where the students have to do compulsory lab assignments for a minimum of 6 hours per week.
To address today’s generation needs which expects 24×7 online learning content as a supplement to the classroom learning, several modes of delivery are available, in addition to project based learning, implementation of technology, projects executed in the industry, participation in national & international competitions, group work etc. This innovation in Pedagogy ensures that students have several learning opportunities matching to their aspirations.
The institute encourages students to learn through experiential mode along with class room delivery. We also facilitate learning beyond classroom through the online content available on the net. Through this innovative teaching and learning process, students have ample opportunity to learn through different modes.
The intake in B.Sc. – IT program is 60 seats.
The course duration of B.Sc. – IT program is 3 years.
- Candidates seeking admission in B.Sc. – IT program must have secured minimum 50% aggregate marks at 10+2 or equivalent examination in any discipline with Mathematics as one of the subject from a recognized Education Board.
- A candidate who has appeared in 10 + 2 or other equivalent examination during current year as a regular or private candidate but whose result is yet to be declared can also apply for admission on provisional basis. But such a candidate must produce the certificate of passing the examination before the last date fixed for this purpose, failing which, his/her admission may be cancelled.
Professionals having Bachelors Program with Honours in Information Technology are in high demand in the corporate world. The program offers a high quality professional education in Information Technology for software engineers who wish to contribute their efficient technical and programming skills at entry and middle level positions in the IT industry, banking and social organizations or to establish themselves as new generation tech-savvy entrepreneurs.
Career opportunities are available for B.Sc. IT graduates both in India as well as abroad. Once students have completed their graduation, they can get jobs with leading multi-national IT firms. Because of the use of information technology in all most all fields today, the IT sector has seen a tremendous growth in the past few years. A few job types available for students of B.Sc. IT are: Junior Software Engineers, Trainee Application developers, Computer Information Specialist, Computer Support Specialist, Database Administrator, Enterprise Information Officer, Information Systems Manager, System Administrator, System Analyst, Graphic Designer, Web Designer, etc.
After the completion of this course, students have many options to choose for their higher studies i.e. M.Sc. (IT). Other option for them is to go for MCA or MBA.
Highlights of Program
- Being one of the top colleges for science & technological education, CSAIST always focuses on the all-round development of the students.
- The institute has empanelled leading corporate houses and IT & Software companies as industry partners that are equipped to make a positive contribution to the growth of students’ career, in terms of profession or further study.
- The dedicated, qualified faculty to ensure high standard of Teaching, Learning and Evaluation processes.
- Equips students with skills that are in high demand from industry.
- Language learning skill provided to vernacular students.
- Faculties mentoring to weaker students through special remedial lectures/tutorials.
- The industry visits and industry based project work as part of the curriculum to get recognition and reward to the students in the form of job offer or support for further studies and research.
The course fee of B.Sc. – IT program is ₹ 24000/- annually.
Admissions to all seats are made directly by the college on the basis of merit of 10+2. Registration can be done on our website or by a visit in our campus after 10+2. For any information please feel free to contact the below mentioned help line numbers :
|Landline Numbers||Mobile Numbers||Toll Free Number|