B.Sc. (Hons.) in Computer Science (B.Sc. – CS)
Computer Science is a dynamic & expanding field. Just a few of the specialties within it are software development, app development, social network infrastructures, simulation, and data mining. If you personally enjoy problem solving, computer science is for you. The Bachelor of Science with Honours in Computer Science is a degree that will prepare you for a rewarding career in the computer software industry, graduate school, or elsewhere.
Professionally, people with undergraduate degrees in Computer Science can expect entry-level positions well above the average salary level. There are many computer science positions at employers in aerospace, defence, intelligence, information technology, bio-tech, and hi-tech product development, etc.
Our curriculum prepares students to work in the high technology industry as professional software developers, to continue their studies in graduate school, or to apply their computational skills to another field. With a degree in computer science you might end up writing code for software simulations of proteins, creating the next big video game, or developing a social application that connects people in new ways. The possibilities seem limitless.
The primary objective of this program is to ensure that the students who choose to enter the workforce will become well rounded, creative, productive, and valuable professionals in their field. Students who choose to pursue advanced degrees will be accepted into a graduate program and make effective progress towards their degree. Students will have an aptitude and desire to engage in lifelong learning, and will adapt to new technologies tools and methodologies. They will understand the societal, legal, and ethical implications of their work, and will share their knowledge, skills and expertise with their colleagues and community.
Bachelor in Science with Honours in Computer Science (B.Sc. – CS) is spread over 6 semesters with 5 subjects being taught till fifth semester and project work in sixth semester, which is a total of 25 subjects.
Students have to undergo project work in the final semester. Each semester has lab course where the students have to do compulsory lab assignments for a minimum of 6 hours per week.
To address today’s generation needs which expects 24×7 online learning content as a supplement to the classroom learning, several modes of delivery are available, in addition to project based learning, implementation of technology, projects executed in the industry, participation in national & international competitions, group work etc. This innovation in Pedagogy ensures that students have several learning opportunities matching to their aspirations.
The institute encourages students to learn through experiential mode along with class room delivery. We also facilitate learning beyond classroom through the online content available on the net. Through this innovative teaching and learning process, students have ample opportunity to learn through different modes.
The intake in B.Sc. – CS program is 60 seats.
The course duration of B.Sc. – CS program is 3 years.
- Candidates seeking admission in B.Sc. – CS program must have secured minimum 50% aggregate marks at 10+2 or equivalent examination in any discipline with Mathematics as one of the subject from a recognized Education Board.
- A candidate who has appeared in 10 + 2 or other equivalent examination during current year as a regular or private candidate but whose result is yet to be declared can also apply for admission on provisional basis. But such a candidate must produce the certificate of passing the examination before the last date fixed for this purpose, failing which, his/her admission may be cancelled.
The application of computer in the modern world is unlimited. Computers are extensively used in research and development particularly for scientific and industrial purposes. They are also used for commercial and special purposes. It increases the demand for the trained persons. The Government of India has initiated several projects to employ the trained computer professionals. IT companies need computer specialists to develop software for domestic and foreign requirements.
After the completion of this course, one can join any of the following PG courses M.Sc. (C.S), MCA, MBA, etc. After successful completion of this degree, they may be employed as Executives in EDP, System Executives, Software Engineers, and System Programrs in software industries. This course will enable the students to gain specialization in Multimedia and animations.
A variety of tests are carried out in the public sector for these graduates. They can appear for the U.P.S.C. exams, the Combined Defence Services exam and so many.
Highlights of Program
- The modern facilities to provide ambience and support for curricula and extra curricula activities for the overall development of students.
- The dedicated, qualified faculty to ensure high standard of Teaching, Learning and Evaluation processes.
- The periodic review and revision of curricula based on feedback from the industry with quick response to ensure the relevance of the programs to the changing needs of industry.
- Language learning skill provided to vernacular students.
- Faculties mentoring to weaker students through special remedial lectures/tutorials.
- The industry visits and industry based project work as part of the curriculum to get recognition and reward to the students in the form of job offer or support for further studies and research.
The course fee of B.Sc. – CS program is ₹ 24000/- annually.
Admissions to all seats are made directly by the college on the basis of merit of 10+2. Registration can be done on our website or by a visit in our campus after 10+2. For any information please feel free to contact the below mentioned help line numbers :
|Landline Numbers||Mobile Numbers||Toll Free Number|