As per the directions and consideration of the determination of the Central Government and the University Grants Commission to prohibit, prevent and eliminate the scourge of ragging (all forms of ragging), in all higher education institutions in the country, and thereby, to provide for the healthy development, physically and psychologically, of all students, the CSAIST, has espoused the UGC regulations on curbing the menace of ragging in higher educational institutions, 2009 (under Section 26 (1)(g) of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956).
Ragging is totally prohibited in CSAIST, and anyone found guilty of ragging and/or abetting ragging, whether actively or passively, or being a part of a conspiracy to promote ragging, is liable to be punished in accordance with these Regulations as well as under the provisions of any penal law for the time being in force.
Measures for prohibition of ragging at the CSAIST:
- The CSAIST or any part of it thereof, including its elements, including, but not limited to, the departments and all its premises, whether academic, residential, playgrounds, or canteen, whether located within the campus or outside, and in all means of transportation of students, whether public or private, accessed by students for the pursuit of studies in the institution, shall not permit or will not condone any reported incident of ragging in any form; and the CSAIST will take all necessary and required measures, including but not limited to the provisions of UGC Regulations, to achieve the objective of eliminating ragging, within the institution or outside,
- CSAIST will take action in accordance with UGC Regulations against those found guilty of ragging and/or abetting ragging, actively or passively, or being part of a conspiracy to promote ragging.
Bodies for eliminating Ragging in the institution:
- Anti-Ragging Committee
- Anti-Ragging Squad
- Mentoring Cell
The Fresher are hereby informed that they have the rights as bona fide students of the institution and that they should desist from doing anything, with or against their will, even if ordered to by the seniors students, and that any attempt of ragging shall be promptly reported to the Anti-ragging Squad or to the Head of the institution, as the case may be.
Toll Free No.: 1800 274 1223
E-mail : [email protected]
- AICTE Anti-Ragging Notification
- UGC Regulations on Curbing the Menace of Ragging in Higher Educations
- Anti-Ragging Affidavit (Proforma)
- College Anti Ragging Committee
PROHIBITION OF RAGGING
- Ragging is prohibited as per Act 26 of A.P. Legislative Assembly, 1997
- Ragging entails heavy fines and / or imprisonment.
- Ragging invokes suspension and dismissal from the College.
- Outsiders are prohibited from entering the hostels without permission.
- Girl students must be in their hostel rooms by 9.00pm.
- All the students must carry their Identity Cards and show them when demanded.
- The Principal and the Wardens will visit the hostels and inspect the rooms any time.
- Suspended students are debarred from entering the Campus except when required to attend enquiry and to submit an explanation.